- Our Company
- About Me
- The Blog/Latest
- Mortgage Queen TV
- What Others Say
- Ask Your Question
- Mortgage Calculators
- APPLY NOW
- FHA Mortgage Information
- FHA Mortgages
- FHA 203K Loans
- FHA FAQ
- Veteran Home Loans
- Veteran Loan Center
- Veteran Loans FAQ
- Veteran Loans TV
- Conventional Mortgages
- Conventional Loans
- Private Mortgage Insurance
- Harp Program
- Harp Information
- Insider Mortgage Reports
- First Time Buyers
- Stop Renting And Own Your Home!
- Short Sale Tips for Buyers
- EZ Start Mortgage Program
- Checklist Of Items To Approve Your Loan
Frequently Asked Questions About Veteran Home Loans
1. What is a VA Home Loan?
Active duty military and veterans. Check out your eligibility at the VA Eligibilty Center.
3. What if I can’t find my DD214 (which documents my service dates)?
That’s okay visit my website forms…download form SF180 and send it back to regional office. Or call us at 703-497-3936 to walk you through.
4. Why choose a local VA lender?
When buying a home within a certain community, it’s all about location and information. So it's best to have of course a local Realtor and lender that specialize in your community of choice
5. What is the maximum loan amount in the Washington DC Metro Area?
Zero Down Veteran Loans up to $625,500
6. Can I have two VA loans at one time?
Yes, depending on the amount of entitlement you have used on the current property and where you are buying the home.
7. What if I foreclosed on my home in the past with a VA home loan? Can I buy again with VA no money down?
Yes you can depending on your remaining entitlement, if any. Read this post titled "I Foreclosed on a Home with My VA Loan..."
8. I already own a home with VA, but now I have orders and need to sell, can VA help me?
Yes, you may be eligible to use the Department of Defense HAP Program.
9. What is the VA funding fee?
It is a small percentage financed on top of your loan amount/ sales price, unless you are a disabled veteran.
· 1st time user of VA benefit - funding fee is 2.15%
· Sales Price $300,000 Loan Amount $306,450 with
· Funding fee
· 2nd time/subsequent use - funding fee is 3.30%
10. How do I apply?
Just fill out our short application and get pre-approved today!